You may wonder if all I do is leave my family and party with my friends (since I just did that last weekend and am doing it again this weekend), but I actually think I did a pretty good job of balancing it out this time.
After picking up the girls after work and dropping them off at Nana’s house, I hopped on a MARC train to Baltimore. This is a very unimportant part of the story except for 2 points:
- My experience on MARC was about 100 times better than my ride on Amtrak last weekend–the one that turned into a sweaty, 9-hour ordeal.
- A stranger gave me $5, because I didn’t know I needed cash to ride the train, and told me not to worry about paying her back. Did you know that kind of thing still happened?! I didn’t.
- cab drivers in Baltimore come up with their prices based on how they’re feeling that moment
- regardless of how classy B-more is starting to look, it’s still very sketchy in most areas (thus the nicknames Bodymore and Murderland)
- bathrooms aren’t really all that necessary when you have alleys and trees (I’ve never witnessed so many people urinating in public in my life)
- my hair does not look good after sweating, getting rained on, and then sweating again (who knew?!) [Read more…]