Remember when I used to sit up at night writing memories in a baby book for my children to cherish forever and pass down to their children and their children’s children? Yeah, me neither.
Lucky for kids these days, we have the internet. When I started writing a list of all the things I love about Lorik in commemoration of his birthday, a Word doc on my computer or a text convo with Dave didn’t seem quite celebratory enough. So I’m sharing it here.
I love the way Lorik…
- Grabs a blanket and sits on the couch and says “get cozy”
- Has very specific views on utensils and changes them multiple times each meal (think grilled cheese sandwich with a fork)
- Says “NEE-night” when he’s ready to go to sleep and “chair” if he wants to be rocked first
- Dances (ok, gallops) whenever he hears music dance party
- Says “Come on Baby” every time a certain Ed Sheeran song comes on
- Runs fearlessly into the pool no matter how many times he ends up under water
- Never gives up when I tell him he can’t have something, yet instead of throwing a massive tantrum says “wheh ee e go?” aka “where did it go?”
- Won’t leave the house without “Nana” or “EE-ya” EVER and constantly checks on them if they’re not in sight
- Gets curly hair when the humidity rises
- Likes to stare at himself in selfie mode on my phone and say “Lo-WICK” with a hard K at the end
- Is freaked out when I make a fish face and wants to make sure it’s still me, so he keeps saying “mommy? Mommy?” until I stop
- Loves Shrek with a passion only felt by Fiona
- Shrieks loudly when things around him get noisy… just to make sure his voice is still heard
- Confuses the colors pink and green
- Knows every word to “1, 2, 3 Texas” including “di-WOAH” and “Hot Pepah… Spicy”
- Always skips the number 3. “one, two, four…”
- Says “not nice” to himself when he does something that’s not nice
- Whacks his sisters with a light saber and says “A-Star Wars!”
- Says “okay” as often as Lil John
- Wants to push any and all buttons aka “butts”
- Sings “Raining, pouring…” and then makes up the rest anytime anyone says the word rain
- NEEDS his coffee at the corner shop. We can’t pass the place without him going in for “KAH-fee” and high-fiving the owner
- Perfected the hug at such a young age. He could seriously teach a class on how to hold on tightly and never let go.
Happy Birthday, Lorik. I hope I make you even half as happy as you make me. #forevermyboobear
I totally relate! Thank goodness for social media, otherwise I’d never remember anything.
Awwww, he’s adorable! And he will forever be my birthday twin 🙂